Farkas mouthpieces offer the extra range, power and tonal color that have made them the single most popular French horn mouthpieces in the world. Whether for demanding symphonic work or beginner embouchure development, there’s a Farkas to meet the challenge.
Our brass mouthpieces are silver plated, unless specified otherwise.
- Model No. / Cup Depth / Rim Shape / Cup Internal Diameter / Cup Outside Diameter / Throat Diameter / Description
- SC / Shallow / Medium-Wide / 16.87mm (.664") / 24.80mm (.977") / 4.32mm (.170") / Extremely clear high register with clean attacks. Ringing tone but not shrill. Excellent for high baroque music or extremely high technical passages.
- MC / Medium / Medium-Wide / 16.81mm (.662") / 25.20mm (.992") / .4.62mm (.182") / No extreme features. Round, ringing tone with a touch of velvet in all registers. Well suited for all-around symphony or solo playing. A very popular model.
- MDC / Medium-Deep / Medium-Wide / 16.21mm (.638") / 24.33mm (.958") / 4.62mm (.182") / Sensitive yet comfortable. Good response in entire range. For players who desire a slightly darker tone than that of the SC or MC models. Slightly narrower rim than SC or MC models.
- DC / Deep / Medium / 17.07mm (.672") / 24.64mm (.970") / 4.83mm (.190") / Produces very clean attacks and a large resonant but velvety tone. Popular with both high and low horn players because it plays well in all registers.
- VDC / Very-Deep / Narrow / 16.71mm (.658") / 23.16mm (.912") / 5.23mm (.206") / Large teutonic tone. This basically dark tone is very helpful for the player who has a too-bright tone since it mellows the tone significantly. For the robust mature player.
- XDC / Extra-Deep / Medium-Narrow / 16.94mm (.667") / 24.20mm (.953") / 5.23mm (.206") / Extremely deep cup and very large bore produces a rich, heroic tone. Superior mouthpiece for the player who wishes to play in the grand manner of the "Helden" horn players. Also produces a soft and mellow tone for the player who might have a naturally bright or shrill tone. The depth of this cup will mellow even the hardest, overly brilliant tone.