The Classic Series French horn mouthpiece is designed in two rim widths to meet the needs of players at any proficiency level. The Standard rim models are much wider that most other horn mouthpieces. This allows players who are making a transition from trumpet or cornet to French horn easier, especially for beginning players. Narrow rim models allow more experienced players to have a mouthpiece with exceptional comfort, while allowing for maximum flexibility.
Our brass mouthpieces are silver plated, unless specified otherwise.
- 4: 18mm cup diameter; 5mm rim width; 4.70mm throat; barrel backbore. Standard rim mouthpiece with enormous volume and range. Great choice for 2nd or 4th part players.
- 4N: 18mm cup diameter; 3.93mm rim width; 4.70mm throat; barrel backbore. Narrow rim mouthpiece with excellent range and volume.
- 5: 17.50mm cup diameter; 4.95mm rim width; 4.60mm throat; barrel backbore. Good choice for beginner players, 1st or 3rd part players. Standard rim with a shaped funnel cup.
- 5N: 17.50mm cup diameter; 3.90mm rim width; 4.60mm throat; barrel backbore. Smooth and rich sound with a narrow rim.
- 6N: 17.25mm cup diameter; 3.88mm rim width; 4.50mm throat; barrel backbore. American-type mouthpiece with bigger professional tone quality and narrow rim.
- 7: 17mm cup diameter; 4.50mm rim width; 4.50mm throat; barrel backbore. Standard rim with solid sound and easier high register.
- 7N: 17mm cup diameter; 3.85mm rim width; 4.50mm throat; barrel backbore. Narrow rim with excellent flexibility and sound. Nice for high register playing.
If you would like to see a picture of the specific item that you would receive from us, please contact us with the item/s that you are interested in before placing your order.
Any of our items that are described as "Demo" condition have either been used or sold/opened. They are in either "Like New" or "Near New" Condition and function perfectly. "Used" items have been used more extensively and may show signs of wear such as scratches, discoloration, and worn off logos/lettering. All functional parts are in good condition and operate as intended, such as tips, rails, tables, cups, and rims.
Both "Demo" and "Used" items are cleaned as needed and Mouthpieces have been cleaned, sanitized, and sealed in a poly wrapper.