Symphonic and jazz trumpet players have always experimented with ways to create a darker sound by using various mouthpiece add-ons to add weight and mass. The Bach Mega Tone Mouthpiece takes these experiments one step further. To create the Mega Tone, Selmer starts with genuine Vincent Bach mouthpiece designs and more than doubles the outside mass. This darkens the sound and allows you to play at higher dynamic levels without distortion. Mega Tone slots extremely well so pitches center dependably, and a slightly larger throat affords less resistance and greater flexibility. The result is a warmer, more powerful sound that adds a new dimension to concert, pop and jazz playing.
NOTE: The inner contours are precisely the same as the original Bach Mouthpiece, allowing same basic playability. However, additional mass on the outside produces a darker, more powerful sound. The Mega Tone throat is also slightly larger than standard to increase response and flexibility.
Vincent Bach was a rare combination of artist and engineer. A mechanical genius and acclaimed trumpet soloist, his instruments and mouthpieces are used today in every major studio and orchestra in the world. Bach personally designed the tools and composed the plans that continue to set the high standards for making all Bach products today.
FEATURES AND SPECS
- Model No. / Depth of Cup / Approx. Cup Dia. / Rim Shape. Description
- 1 / Deep / 17.50 mm / Medium thin. Extra large cup for players with a robust embouchure. Produces a great volume of tone.
- 1B / Medium / 17.00 mm / Medium wide. Large cup for players with a robust embouchure. deep Produces a warm tone with great volume.
- 1C / Medium / 17.00 mm / Medium wide. Large diameter, medium cup, good for all-around use.
- 1D / Medium / 17.00 mm / Medium wide. Medium shallow cup facilitates high register. shallow Brilliant sound.
- 1E / Shallow / 17.00 mm / Medium wide. Facilitates high register. Excellent mouthpiece for soprano or piccolo trumpet.
- 1-1 ⁄ 4C / Medium / 17.00 mm / Medium wide. Large cup for powerful trumpeters. Compact tone of great carrying power.
- 1-1 ⁄ 2B / Medium / 17.00 mm / Medium wide, Produces a scintillating, warm tone of large volume. For players deep not too sharp. with a well-trained embouchure. Comfortable rim contour.1=1 ⁄ 2C Medium 17.00 mm Medium wide, Large diameter, medium cup, good for all-around use. not too sharp.
- 2C / Medium / 16.50 mm / Medium wide, lowered Large cup; powerful, brilliant tone. toward the outside. For players with a good embouchure.
- 2-1 ⁄ 2C / Medium / 16.40 mm / Medium wide, lowered Large cup; brilliant, heroic, crisp C trumpet tone. toward the outside. For players with strong, muscular lips.
- 3B / Medium / 16.30 mm / Medium wide. A fairly large cup. The tone is warm and full. deep
- 3C / Medium / 16.30 mm / Medium wide. Fairly large cup with a full, rich tone. Good for all-around use.
- 5B / Medium / 16.25 mm / Medium wide, lowered A precise rim and fairly large cup. The tone is warm and full. deep toward the outside. Medium sharp edge.
- 5C / Medium / 16.25 mm / Medium wide, well For players with a strong embouchure who do not like a rounded toward the sharp edge. The tone is lively and rich. inside and outside, fairly flat.
- 7C / Medium / 16.20 mm / Medium wide, lowered. Probably the most widely used model in the world. toward the outside. Its brilliant tone is preferred by school musicians and by artists. Medium sharp inside. Well rounded edge with a perfect grip.